Review the 2017 Vermont Youth Risk Behavior Survey
for high school and middle school students
Our school is taking part in the 2017 Youth Risk Behavior Survey on Thursday March 9th.
- This survey is sponsored by the Vermont Department of Health and Agency of Education.
- The survey gathers information about health risk behaviors of 6th through 12th grade students.
- The survey will ask about nutrition, physical activity, injuries, tobacco, alcohol, and other drug use, and sexual behaviors.
- Schools, communities and state agencies will use the results of the survey to evaluate programs, plan new programs and to secure future funding.
- The YRBS is anonymous, and survey procedures have been designed to protect your child’s privacy.
Please read The Vermont YRBS FAQs information sheet for more facts about the survey. As a parent, federal law affords you the right to inspect the survey before it is administered and to opt your child out of participating in the survey. If you would like to see the survey, a copy is available by opening the links below. You can also contact the school nurse for a paper copy.
Community Members in Brookline, Jamaica, Newfane, Townshend & Windham:
I am writing to thank you for getting out and voting your support for the FY18 Proposed Budget for Leland & Gray. As your new principal, I am greatly encouraged by the outpouring of support I’ve seen in recent months for our budget - and by extension - our school. I know that your approval of this budget will most assuredly cause some small upticks in your property taxes, and that in times of uncertainty this constitutes a significant hardship for many of you. I can offer to you several things, though, in the coming months and years.
Leland and Gray Budget Development Process FY 18 and beyond
If you cannot view this please download the PDF version here.